Thursday, May 5, 2016

Courtney Jeffcott Following Fashion

Following fashion in your home decor:
I found in a recent shopping trip that a lot of what was on display in the home decor could closely reflect what was trending the current fashion runway. Flowy whites and lace translated into very detailed vases and bedding ensembles while bright Moroccan reds and turquoises graced decorative boxes and accent chest. It made me question if when your fashion taste evolves does your design taste evolve as well? It seems to be lately that I am drawn to soft whites and subtle designs with bolder accessories in my everyday wear and  in my home I have been drawn to almost the same look. The blue lamp with gold accents in my living room almost mirrors the new round Bali inspired earrings now dangling in my jewelry box; while the muted tones of the window treatments closely resembles the three new tops I couldn't resist. But it makes me question if everyone can say the same for their own fashion? Is your clothing a reflection of your home?
Courtney Jeffcott

No comments:

Post a Comment